Sunday, June 7, 2009

A small piece of embroidery


I think it is about time I posted about actually making something. This is what I've been working on for the last week. It is my brick stitch pattern #12 executed as a small piece of embroidery which later today will become a roll up style needle holder. Eventually I want to make examples of every pattern I draft so I will mostly be making small items, otherwise I will be stitching these forever.

Materials: 32 count Zweigart linen stitched with a single strand of Solar Colors spun silk thread dyed with weld (yellow), indigo (blue) and indigo over weld (green) with undyed thread for the white. Lining will be an off-white wool and ties and seam finishing cord will be 4 bobbin kumihimo cord. The pastel colors look very nice, I think, and something different from the deep bold colors I usually favor. Thank you to Renee of Solar Colors for suggesting I try pastels.

2 comments:

Ginkgo Biloba said...

I found your blog tonight and I love it a lot.

I posted a comment to answer a question you asked on july 16th, 2008. Long time ago but as I said above....

Greetings from France - Christa

Racaire said...

...maybe you would like to know that you have some fans in Russia :)
http://akvitania.flybb.ru/topic11-30.html