Sunday, November 30, 2008

Whew! Another purse is done!


About the purse: 

The finished size of the purse is 4 1/4 inches wide by 4 3/4 inches high.  The sides and handle are needlewoven, the drawstring is 8 strand round kumihimo cord and the lining is linen.  I used aurorasilk fine 2-ply silk dyed by my friend Renee in three colors:  fustic (yellow), fustic with brazilwood (orange) and brazilwood (red).  The ground fabric is 24 count linen congress cloth. The pattern is one of the fill patterns from the Hildesheim cope charted by Master Richard Wymarc.

I am very happy to have finished this little purse. Now that it is done I can start working on the next item on my list. It will be a scissors case and it must be finished before 12th Night.

2 comments:

Žabacorporation said...

This purse is so nice!

Chris Laning said...

Don't forget to e-mail Master Richard a photo. He likes having photos, especially of the patterns that don't get done as often. ;)

BTW, have you seen this blog?