Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Reliquary box, third panel finished


I will have to make a total of six panels for the embroidery covered box I am making, and here is number three. It is for one of the sides, and the two sides are identical. Did I really last post about it nearly a month ago? It almost felt like I just started it.

Now I think I will take a little break and make something fun. Meanwhile, in addition to my medieval-focused arts and crafts, I continue to work on my cartoneria and that is what is sucking up much of my time. That has to be my main focus since I have a deadline.

5 comments:

Louise Schelde said...

It looks wonderfull. Can´t wait to see the box put togeather!

Peter said...

Unbelievable! You have mad skillz!

Metanoia said...

Wow! This is looking great! I always have lots of different projects dragging my attention around too!

Liadain said...

Ooo, I must have missed the first one - this is going to be BEAUTIFUL!

Lia de Thornegge said...

Hi Kathy!

I read your blog regularly and I have finally, finally!, gotten around to doing a bit of brick stitch. This particular pattern that you've stitched up here is what I started with.

I used the colours of silk I had at home, so it looks a bit garish, but I made a little pincushion. Here's what it looked like last night (I've removed the stitches holding down the sides and making it lumpy already)